Set Your Sight on Success
April 8, 2016 - by Robert Murphy
Every member of a healthcare team has value. But if you want to maximize your potential as an allied healthcare professional, you need to proactively pursue this goal by raising your visibility through your actions and communication. If you want to become a leader in your profession and make yourself more valuable, you can’t get there by standing on the sidelines.
At Allied Health Group (AHG), our primary goal is to help you succeed. To that end, here are a few real world steps you can take to not only becoming a more valuable team player, but also paving the way to your becoming a leader:
- Work smarter: Stay organized and focused on the task at hand. Set a new goal to accomplish for each day. Working smarter does not mean working harder. It means taking control of your challenges.
- Be diplomatic: Take into consideration the views and positions of the other members of your team. When you show respect, you get respect in return.
- Be the problem solver: Instead of merely identifying problems and challenges, you need to go the extra mile by presenting a solution at the same time. This shows you are more than concerned as you’ve thought the situation through and drawn an intelligent conclusion.
- Shared knowledge benefits your entire team: Healthcare knowledge should never be proprietary. When you share what you know, everyone becomes smarter and you reap the accolades for taking the initiative.
- Rise above the fray: Taking part in gossip or facility politics will harm your career. By walking away from petty conversations instead of fueling the rumor mill, you’ll increase your professional status and gain the trust of your supervisors.
- Recognize the profound difference between things and people: Healthcare is a “people” profession. If you aspire to become a leader, consider the words of Grace Hopper, a renowned pioneer in computer science who said, “You don’t manage people; you manage things. You lead people.”
Allied Health Group will provide you with the guidance you need to succeed. We’ve been helping allied healthcare professionals to build rewarding careers for almost three decades. Whether you prefer per diem or contact-to-hire assignments, or a direct hire position, we have outstanding opportunities that span the entire spectrum of allied healthcare professions nationwide.
Get familiar with all AHG has to offer right here on our website. Then apply online or call us at 800.355.6150 to speak with one of our recruiters. You can depend on Allied Health Group to support you every step of the way because we’re quality driven and people focused.