Weigh Job Offers in Advance with Your AHG Recruiter
May 2, 2016
When you’re searching for a new career opportunity – be it a per diem, contract-to-hire, or direct hire position, the best way to plan for your next move is to work closely with your Allied Health Group (AHG) recruiter. There are many things to consider when you consider job offers, and no one can provide you with better guidance than AHG.
Planning for job offers in advance will enable you to better evaluate when they’re presented; leading to a more satisfying and rewarding experience. Here are five things you need to discuss with your AHG recruiter well ahead of the offers you’ll receive:
- The facility’s culture and your values: Your recruiter will have exclusive knowledge about the facility’s culture based upon their experience placing other AHG candidates with the organization and in other healthcare facilities. Therefore, you’ll know in advance what to expect should you accept an offer.
- HCAHPS scores and related ratings: Scores and ratings don’t tell the whole story about any facility. Your recruiter will have intimate knowledge about how the organization operates and its reputation for quality patient healthcare.
- Salary, benefits, and workplace environment: What matters most to you, or are your needs equal in importance? For example, most per diem allied healthcare professionals focus on salary and environment. AHG takes care of them with superior benefits. We also cover benefits for contract-to-hire candidates, so their focus is generally the same a per diem. But direct hire candidates must consider all three, weighing their importance based on more immediate professional and lifestyle goals.
- Career enhancement and security: These factors are particularly important for contract-to-hire and direct hire candidates. Here, your recruiter will provide invaluable knowledge to help you make the right choice for advancing your career.
- Maintaining relations with facilities after declining an offer: Always be professional if you decline a position a facility has offered. Never burn a bridge as you may need to cross it later. Your recruiter will help you to draft a response when you choose to pass on an opportunity that is both respectful and leaves the door open to future opportunities at that facility.
Having a successful career means always moving forward to ensure you receive the rewards and satisfaction to achieve both your goals. And your success is our primary objective at AHG. To learn about all of the advantages you’ll have working with us, call 800.355.6150. You can also apply or upload your resume online to talk with a member of our recruiting team. Allied Health Group is the staffing firm you can depend on because we’re quality driven and people focused.